Official Google Videos
Get the information your business requires to produce a quality website that will achieve top rankings, stand the test of time and stay within Google's best practice guide lines.
Below you will find a wide range of official video clips to give you an independent view on how best to develop and market your website.
Click on any of the links below to be navigated to the corresponding video.
- How does Google and other search engines work? Clip duration 3:15
- How to choose a domain (website) name? Clip duration 3:04
- Can a website company Guarantee my website will rank #1 in Google? Clip duration 2:41
- Does it matter what country my website is hosted in? Clip duration 1:32
- How important is spelling and grammar? Clip duration 2:59
- Google don't use meta keyword data Clip duration 1:58
Search Engine Optimisation
- What is SEO and will it still exist in five years? Clip duration 1:56
- How to choose an SEO company? Clip duration 1:33
- How important is PageRank and what else is involved in rankings? Clip duration 1:52
- Black hat SEO and cloaking in detail Clip duration 8:47
- What are Google site links and how do you get them? Clip duration !:52
- SEO strategy for large businesses Clip duration 3:34
- What is PageRank (PR) and how is it calculated? Clip duration 2:20
- XML & HTML Sitemaps Clip duration 1:15
Adwords & Pay Per Click
- Three steps for success Clip duration 1:37
- How to control your costs? Clip duration 2:06
- How to produce better ads and better performance? Clip duration 1:31
- Organise your accounts for better success Clip duration 1:15
- Should you carry out article marketing? Clip duration 2:03
- Blogs, how to use them, content quality and frequency Clip duration 2:44
- Using meta titles and descriptions to increase click through rates Clip duration 1:26
- How to use Google Webmaster tools to increase online store sales Clip duration 10:25
- Optimisation for ecommerce stores Clip duration 1:53
How does Google work?
Many people think that Google is the internet, it's not. Google is an independent index of a large majority of pages found on the internet. This video will explain how the Google search engine works and how it ranks websites in its index.
How to choose a domain (website) name?
This short clip will help you to understand the pros and cons of choosing a website name that is branded towards your business or targeted towards a keyword.
Can a website company Guarantee my website will rank #1 in Google?
The clip is an official Google clip that explains why no company can ever guarantee your website will be number 1 in their search results and why you should be very cautious if one does.
Does it matter what country my website is hosted in?
This clip explains how Google looks at the geographical location of a websites server and how it is a ranking factor for your website.
How important is spelling and grammar?
This clip explains why spelling and grammar are important to any website.
Google don't use keyword meta data!
Many people think that entering keywords in to a websites meta data will make a site show up in Google for that keyword. This video is an official Google video stating that they don't use the meta keyword data and completely ignore it.
What is SEO and will it still exist in five years?
This clip explains what SEO is and why it is important for your business.
How to choose an SEO company?
This clip has some great advice on how to choose an SEO company, directly from the horses mouth (Google).
How important is PageRank and what else is involved in achieving higher rankings?
This clip explains a little about PageRank and how it only plays a small part it SEO and how Google ranks your website. There are over two hundred factors in SEO and PageRank is just one of them.
Black hat SEO and cloaking in detail.
The clip mainly covers the SEO black hat technique of 'Cloaking'.
What are Google site links and how do you get them?
This video covers information on Google site, these are the six links that can appear under your website listing in Google search results page when a person searches for your business.
SEO strategy for large businesses
This video covers information on five of the main areas to concentrate your SEO efforts as a large company. Including the importance of page speed and how it effects your bottom line and ROI.
What is Page Rank?
This video covers information on Google Page Rank, how it is calculated and what roll it plays in the position your website receives in a search results page.
XML and HTML Sitemaps
This video covers information on what sitemaps are and there purpose for SEO and human visitors
Three steps for success
This clip covers three easy steps that will help produce better results from your Adwords campaigns.
How to control your costs?
This clip will explain some easy methods to control your pay per click costs.
How to produce better ads and better performance?
This clip explains how producing higher quality ad text and landing pages your PPC campaign return on investment can increase.
Organise your accounts for better success
This clip explains how to organise your PPC campaigns and ad groups to produce better results.
Should you carry out article marketing?
This clip explains why article marketing is now considered to have little if any value.
This clip covers the topic of blogs and how best to us a blog to improve visitor numbers and user experience.
meta titles and descriptions
This clip covers how simple changes to meta data can have a significant impact on click through rates (CTR) and conversion rates.
Using Google Webmasters to increase store sales
This video will demonstrate how to use Googles webmasters tools to help sell more products online and monitor performance.